bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Should software product release notes be in marketing voice or technical voice? (software documentation) Typically, the voice of marketing content doesn't match the voice of technical content -- - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I agree with Mark's points about the distinction becoming less important in the current model of how your audience finds your content. Secespitus alludes to the importance of not annoying your technical audience, which I think is also a good thing to keep in mind.

I would take Mark's approach of not making a distinction in voice, as well as making sure that new users who stumble on the RNs when they search find enough contextual information about the product. To avoid annoying your existing users with introductory information that may be perceived as "fluff," consider breaking that out into an intro topic. Experienced users can skim right over it to see what changed in the last release, while new (or prospective) users get the context they need to better understand the rest of the content.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best