bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to handle a massive info dump post-ending? I know this question has been asked a few times, and I’ve read all the helpful answers, but can’t implement them in my situation. So, would - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Include characters who are emotionally involved.

The Harry Potter books have all involved various amounts of post-climax exposition, with 1, 2, 4, and 5 being the heaviest (3 and 7 mostly rely on pre-climax exposition). Of them, Order of the Phoenix is probably the most interesting. Why? Because Harry is screaming and throwing things at the walls.

Your twist, and the revelation thereof is going to have a major impact on your characters. Find the ones who care the most - those with the most to gain or the most to lose - and involve them in the explanation.

Add conflict.

The climax of the story should resolve the overarcing conflict of the story, but that doesn't mean you can't still have conflicts. Part of why Order of the Phoenix's exposition scene is effective is that it adds a conflict. Will Dumbledore regain Harry's trust before Harry destroys all of Dumbledore's possessions? It's a very small, very personal conflict that adds a great deal to the scene.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Goswami879

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best