bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to Document Systems with Different Versions? Scenario I need to create and maintain a user documentation for a system of which there are different instances in use by different target groups. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

The method Splunk uses for their documentation is to use a per-version structure (though oftentimes the doc is the same for two different versions of the tool), and allow the reader to pick which version they want to read.

So you might be looking at 7.0.2, or 6.5.1, or 6.2.3, or any other possible version.

The URLs look like the following:
docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.2/Knowledge/Configurecalculatedfieldswithprops.conf http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Knowledge/Configurecalculatedfieldswithprops.conf docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/Knowledge/Configurecalculatedfieldswithprops.conf

While I don't know what powers their system under the hood, I do know the doc team publishes docs for new versions when new versions release. And that old versions' docs are kept around more-or-less forever.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murphy332

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best