bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : When I wrote a Sci-Fi novel a couple of years ago (humans visiting a planet with human-lookalikes and a civilization like ours), I solved this problem by letting the crew get a 'Language - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

When I wrote a Sci-Fi novel a couple of years ago (humans visiting a planet with human-lookalikes and a civilization like ours), I solved this problem by letting the crew get a 'Language transplant', a direct modification of the language-center of their brains.

The language itself was recorded from human satellites orbiting the planet, and translated and understood by an AI. Then all words and phrases was modified in the brain, and the crew would now talk and understand this language, but no longer their own.

This should be changed back to their original language when they returned.
Obviously, they could not read and write this new language, but that didn't matter.

I made this up out of laziness, because I just wanted to come around the language-problem in a fast way. It did not have anything else to do in the story.

Unfortunately the language-issue did play an important role later in the story, which made the process shine a little to the eyes, but I thought 'Hey, this is Sci-Fi, isn't it?'

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Martha805

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best