bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Are there tools/software for planning your story using nested mindmaps and references to characters? I've been looking for a certain piece of software for a long time, but I never quite found - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I have two recommendation, but neither only fully meets your criteria:

There is Scrivener. It is a full text editor made for writer. It has elaborate note taking features for characters, locations, etc. I believe it meets your criteria for integration, but it is not visual. You can quickly reference your notes, but it doesn't have the automatic update feature you are interested in (I don't know of anything that does.) You can find it here.
What I use for more note taking (since I also like to visual things) is Scapple. It is from the same developers of Scrivener. It is entirely visual based, nested, and has search features. However, you don't write your book directly in Scapple, so there is no character reference ability. I love it. You can find it here.

So, what do I recommend? Both. I use and love both. Scapple for visual note taking and Scrivener for writing/text notes.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Voss1744584

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best