bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Are there tools/software for planning your story using nested mindmaps and references to characters? I've been looking for a certain piece of software for a long time, but I never quite found - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I use a program called yWriter6. It is developed by an author, Simon Haynes (who also happened to be a terrific programmer) and tailored to most writing needs. It can be downloaded for free.

What it does best to save your work in scenes with each having enough note for further world-building or plotting, which can be easily referred no matter where you are in the story. These scenes can be nested within chapters or moved around, and are easily referenced.

Similarly, there are also segments for characters where you could flesh out details. Changes to them can be easily made to reflect on the work itself. Each chapter has a list of characters making appearance in it as a side note.

Besides this, there are word count target prompts, segments for locations and key items, a storyboard page, spaces to mark story goals, conflict, and outcome.

Still new to stackexchange, so not certain if I'm permitted to share links to works here. But goggle yWriter or Simon Haynes and you'd be able to find it.

EDIT: link to Ywriter.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Karen856

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best