bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How unadvisable is it to flip the protagonist into a villain? Essentially, I have a protagonist who I set up as a 'main' good guy in one of my series. However, in my final series, I intend - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Great answers all around. My fiance and I have been watching Babylon 5 recently and I think that another good example would be Captain John Sheridan.

Technically speaking, Sheridan is the good guy all throughout the series, but he constantly faces political spin about his actions. In some cases he is even set up to be perceived as a megalomaniac by people close to him, because of the difficult decisions he is forced to make.

So it would be worth examining the prospect of having your protagonist perceived as the bad guy to the point where the reader starts to wonder if they are descending from hero to antihero.

EDIT:

An interesting alternative would be one where an "antagonist" is set up to be the "bad guy", but is later revealed to be a necessary - if harsh - bulwark against the "real bad guys." Without giving too much away, this scenario was demonstrated beautifully by Studio Trigger's hit animes Kill La Kill and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray831

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best