bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What are the best methods to keep your ideas in order? Usually my ideas come very suddenly and I don't have paper or pencil by hand so I forget them; also, I do not know how to order these - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Usually my ideas come very suddenly and I don't have paper or pencil by hand so I forget them; also, I do not know how to order these ideas in physics since they are for a novel in process, there are also many people who give me advice for this one, I do not know if I should add them to the same place. I would appreciate if you would give me advice for this situation.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

It largely depends on the individual. Forgive me for lack of a better reference, but I think it will illustrate a point:
www.artofmanliness.com/2010/09/13/the-pocket-notebooks-of-20-famous-men/
And yes, they use the old fashion pen and paper. You can see that they all have different styles of note taking.

In conclusion, it's probably a good idea to get in the habit of having a pocket book (at least) with you at all times. How you keep your ideas in order is largely up to you. Try different methods. But I would avoid using a mobile phone, because chances are you will forget you wrote it down in your phone anyway and it will get lost.

An additional comment to your question: author James Patterson says (and I'm paraphrasing here, I heard him say it in a video) if your idea is 'good enough' you won't even need to write it down, you'll remember it anyway.

Load Full (0)