bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I'll borrow an idea Memor-X pointed out to me in my question Are there tools that can aid an author in writing a branching storyline?: yEd It's a free tool that allows you to create flowcharts. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'll borrow an idea Memor-X pointed out to me in my question Are there tools that can aid an author in writing a branching storyline?:

yEd

It's a free tool that allows you to create flowcharts. I'm currently using it to create part of my D&D campaign.

You can easily create for example a box/star/... in different colors and add a text as a description. The text can be adapted in the usual ways: bigger, different color, ...

Different boxes can be easily connected with each other. Simply click on one box and drag the arrow to the next box. You can also change where exactly the arrows start in the box, though the standard is that the arrow goes from the center of the first box to the center of the second box, which is quite useful in most cases. The arrows can be changed, too: dotted line, no arrow head on either/one side, thicker line, ...

The arrows will follow the boxes they are connected to wherever you drag them on the screen so that you can easily adapt your storyline.

The software is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac, and there is also a browser based version: yEd live

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best