bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Difference in writing style for first person I have done a little research on the different points of view, and want to delve further into the ways in which the execution of a story varies - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I have done a little research on the different points of view, and want to delve further into the ways in which the execution of a story varies between first person and third person omniscient.

The first way(that I know of) in which the writer has to alter their story is through the types and amount of information they give to the reader. In the first person, the information is only known by the character/narrator of the story. Whilst in third person omniscient the reader experiences information far beyond the knowledge of the main characters.

How else does the writer have to change his writing between the two POV's other than being conscientious of the information they make present to the reader? Would a writer have to change the genre, for example, to suit POV. Or would a writer change Timespan or speed of events? What factors would change between the two?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gloria285

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best