bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How should I present the original paper I am recreating when writing the methodology chapter of my Thesis? Part of my undergraduate thesis experiment was recreating another experiment, just with - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Part of my undergraduate thesis experiment was recreating another experiment, just with slight tweaks. In my lit review I discussed the original work, but not in methodological detail. I am trying to write the Methodology chapter now (I have not written anything like this before), and I am not sure how in detail about the original paper I need to go.

Should I:

1) At each step, explain what they did and whether I did it the same or different

2) Describe their methods in detail at the beginning of the chapter (or in the Lit Review chapter), and then write my methodology

3) Very briefly describe what they did, then write my methodology after, only mentioning when I did something different

4) something completely different?

I understand that this is a very wide, general, and novice question, but I can't find a straight-forward answer anywhere, and my thesis mentor is not accessible at the moment.

I really appreciate your help! Thank you!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Angela458

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best