bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Just how Different are Male and Female Readers? It is my belief that male and female readers are more or less the same. There are differences in how we view things, but those differences do - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I wouldn't put too much stock into this. In the 2000s, the best selling children's book series were (in order from best to worst) Harry Potter, Animorphs, and Goosebumps. All three are book series were intended for a male audience though the two best performing series were written by women. Despite this, Harry Potter has a huge female fan base, and Animorphs and Goosebumps would have female lead protagonists as the view point of some books.

You can also take a look at Disney, who started his film career by making a movie about a female heroine (Disney wanted something he knew his kids would watch, and he only had Daughters). Though admittedly, Snow White required a lot of males to step in and offer her advice, she was the lead. I once argued that there was only two truly 100% noble heroes through the entire animated canon: Robin Hood and Bernard from Rescuers/Rescuers: Down Under. I discounted the former because you can't do Robin Hood without the 100% nobility.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best