bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Software for instructional book I saw this question on software for fiction writers. I'm wondering if there is software out there for non-fiction/instructional/research writing? Seems like yWriter - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I fail to understand why KeyNote NF, free to download, doesn't find mention as an ideal writing software. Trees plus tabs -- that's it. Create as many tabbed notes as you want -- each note may be in tree format or in text editor format. Record your off-the-top-of-your-hat ideas in a tree format, created timelines in tree format, move the individual nodes about to get arrive at a shape for the final article, create notes for character sketches, do as many versions/drafts as you want by creating new notes the possibilities are endless and MORE IMPORTANT --you get to choose/create your own templates.

The tabbed notes can store images, Excel files, docs and so on -- if you want.

It's a free software, and extremely light too -- you can run it from a USB if you like.

The only thing it doesn't allow is storyboarding, for which maybe you can use some sort of sticky notes/index cards software. Only problem, you won't be able to transfer text from the storyboard to KeyNote NF without copy-pasting.

I use KeyNote NF for all my journalistic work -- it's pretty basic, no frills, and super versatile.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Megan928

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best