bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Is There a Legal Age to Publish a Manga/Comic? Very recently I have thought of the question whether or not publishing a book at a younger age than 18 or 16 was possible, while it is of - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Very recently I have thought of the question whether or not publishing a book at a younger age than 18 or 16 was possible, while it is of course possible to do this I began to think whether publishing a manga or comic was possible below a workng age too.

I know these days it's very hard to take a soon-to-be 15 year old very seriously given the state of mind in teenagers these days, and I know some people suggest going to family for advice when starting a big project and, believe me, I have tried, however all I seem to get are 'that's good' or a simple nod of the head which really can be a pain if you're looking for constructive criticism. I have planned to originally start this off as a webcomic, mainly posting it on sites such as DeviantART, but when doing this there is always a threat of someone taking individual pages of your comic/manga without permission and trying to sell it for themselves, which is understandable given how the current generation are too lazy to draw themselves, but I digress.

I know there probably isn't a legal age for this sort of thing and I might just be thinking on this a little too much, but another thing i'm worried about is the self-publishing and the traditional publishing. While I remain top of my class I was never good at marketing or being able to estimate good prices for anything, and it's a pain knowng a family member would have to sign contracts for you, especially if you're going to be using an alias, but i'm getting off-track again. Anyway however, I think that's all I really need to say, i'm guessing you all get the basic idea of what i'm trying to say. Detailed answers would be greatly appreciated.

But one thing before I end this question. I would like to shortly specify what i'm trying to say (or at least attempt at doing so).
What I mean to say is: I know very many people thnk Manga or Comic writing isn't a real form of writing, and I can understand where they are coming from, but it is still clased as writing, therefor it is a profession. So, in simplifying the question, if there is no legal age to publish these sorts of things then what would be a good age to begin publishing them? Bear in mind however that I would like to publish this in the near future, the near future being a year or two from now.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best