bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Where can I find resources about writing a litRPG book? Where can I find (preferably free) online resources, such as How-To-Write or styleguide articles and blogs, about writing a litRPG book? - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Anime:

Log Horizon: a bunch of MMORPG players get stuck in their game, with some major changes, also, there is respawn.
Overlord: a single level 100 player gets stuck in an unknown fantasy world, that also has broken af game mechanics lifted straight from an MMORPG and a d&d 3.5e ogl (open game license) positive magic system.
SAO Abridged: technically, it's a parody, but let's forget the existence of the original, please.

Web:

1d4chan: my primary resource for fantasy, tabletop RPGs, and DISTRACTION CARNIFEX mmos.com/mmo-terms 4chan /tg/: :)

These are only a few but should be enough to get stuff started. SAO abridged show typical player types from the absolute noobs to sociopathic leets, etc... It's also an accurate representation of notable moments of failing in an MMORPG, like Leeroy Jenkins and other forms of poor teamwork.

Overlord is what an actually smart person in an MMORPG looks like. Log Horizon is pretty much the same, but with more focus on economics.

1d4chan, the wiki of /tg/, contains laughably brilliant d&d stories and tactical insight (for Wh 40k), as well as pages about iconic monsters, characters (like Kenshiro Cascadero "Rattata" Orcuslayer), exploits of poorly worded rules (Iron heart surge) and sheer brilliance (Tucker's Kobolds).

And for everything else, there's this site and Mastercard.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Welton431

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best