bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Are there any good tablets out there for writing/editing? I like being able to take my work anywhere with me, but sometimes my laptop is just too big to take with me. Battery life on tablets - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You can make due with a tablet, but no existing platform will ever offer a healthy long-term experience. In order to make it ergonomic you'll have to carry around enough junk that you might as well carry a laptop. Screens need to be just below eye level. Your arms need to be parallel to the floor. Your chair needs to be adjusted just so. Working on a tablet will exact a price on your body that you may not pay immediately, but you will pay eventually.

Tablets are not devices for producing written works. The only use of a tablet within the writing sphere that I have at all used and found to "fit" my workflow is marking up a finished work with a stylus on a surface book after the work is done. In that process, I'm drawing on top of a pdf and for that it's good. I project/cast onto a screen at home and my wife and I make our way through page after page writing comments, crossing out words etc.

I would never choose to work on a tablet given any other option when I am actually writing. Keyboards tend to be too small, they don't fit the hand and it's just not possible to get into a good position. Also, you're risking long term injury if you do go this route.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ogunnowo420

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best