bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How should I phrase this sentence better? I am new at writing and it frustrates me to no end that I cannot describe a scene properly or that I cannot convey my thoughts efficiently to my - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I am new at writing and it frustrates me to no end that I cannot describe a scene properly or that I cannot convey my thoughts efficiently to my fingers.

I have been goven advice that its just better to write a shitty sentence first and just come back to it later to improve it - and so i did just that. But for some reason, I am still sitting here for over 20 minutes knowing my sentence is shit but not knowing how to iprove it. Can anyone give me some help?

The sentence:

“I leaned back slightly, my emotions clouded in surprise, relief and guilt. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to compose myself.”

What I want to convey here is the character feeling those 3 emotions all at once then trying to compose himself. “My emotions clouded in...” just feels so wrong. I dont know how to replace it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sue2132873

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best