bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Should structuring an academic text with the help of questions be avoided? In an academic writing course some years ago I remember being told that when writing, for instance, a journal article - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I can't add anything to Amadeus's answer, which is perfect when looking at an academic paper and gives the reasons why the rhetorical approach doesn't work.

I notice you've also mentioned a journal article, which could take us into something of a grey area. No journal will have a problem with information presented as an academic paper, and if you're writing for journals in a generic sense this would be the way to go.

The exception would be if you were writing for a specific journal that you knew used a less formal style - in this case presenting the information in a way that's closer to entertainment might work better. In this case, the stylistic guidelines would be based on previous articles in that particular journal - you could also ask whether they have a specific house style.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Courtney562

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best