bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: The psychology of starting a piece of writing I have a problem when it comes to writing (blog posts, stories and novels). It might just be me, but maybe other people have experienced it too? - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

That is a good and very honest question. I would like to offer my answer, which may not be directly along the line of your question, but which I think might be helpful to you.

Before you think of beginning to write, you must read widely. Yeah, writers are readers. I have noticed that if I read a lot of good material prior to my writing, I will have no trouble trying to pour my mind on paper.

So, go and find some good books and read.

And if you have already done that, then all you need is to put your pen on the paper (or your fingers on the keyboard) and write something. There is no magic at all. Just start writing, even if you do not feel like it.The feeling will catch up with you on the way.

And as you write more and more, you will start to crave for it, to need it, and ideas will flow more freely. A car engine takes more effort to start, but once on the freeway, the drive is much more smooth.

Hoping to read some of your work soon. A link will be much appreciated.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Correia211

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best