bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Fiction writing or creative writing? I'd like to take a writing course, and I'm just a little lost on what course to take and need some guidance. Is a creative writing course worth taking - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It will depend on what you personally need, but I'd say the teacher and class organization may be more important than the subject.

Let's say one course is set up to foster your growth as a writer through peer-led exercises, solo and group projects, presentation of work, and taught by a supportive teacher. Let's say the second course is more dry, a tired instructor, a few homework assignments - exams - even surveys of literature -

Then I'd suggest the first, interactive course, regardless of whether it is creative writing or fiction writing.

Take a look at the course listings. See if there are prerequisites for either of them. See who teaches the courses and the class size. Get a sense of each teacher (and class management styles, etc) on any of the online rating sites that look at this sort of thing. these things might help you decide. Your choice might even boil down to the time of day that a course is taught.

All else being equal? In that case, it truly will depend on your heart. You might be able to find students who have taken each course you are looking at to give you some feedback about them.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best