bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What would be the best way to make a vampire story with a bit of romance without it being crappy? So I'm trying to write a story about a vampire couple who are on a quest, to become human - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

So I'm trying to write a story about a vampire couple who are on a quest, to become human again, it is set in a medieval style era.

It is somewhat of a romance but I don't want it to be too cliche or crappy.

Please, it would mean a lot to get some feedback from the story writing community!

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Vandalay250

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

To answer, I must admit to the world: I am a carnivore.
That's right, people! I eat meat. Bacon, beef, pork, chicken, turkey -- I shamelessly and without guilt consume them all, and enjoy it.

I am not the only one, on this planet, there are both male and female carnivores, and somehow, we fall in love. I have been so afflicted more than once.

Vampires can be like anybody else, it should not surprise us if they view their victims as prey and food animals, and reserve their true regard for their peers: Other vampires. Nor should it surprise us if one vampire falls in love with another vampire; even if in your world vampires cannot have children.

Romance and love does not have to be about having children. Ask any homosexual married couple. Ask any woman that marries after menopause, or marries after hysterectomy or other disease or surgery that prevents her from having children.

Vampires are a certain kind of predator for food, as are most humans, and that is all you have to use from the clichés about them; discard anything you think about vampires that would prevent them from falling in love with each other. Like many authors before you, write about your vampires, not somebody else's.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

This will be closed in 3… 2…

But here's an idea. Make them suddenly not vampires. Hilarity ensues as they have to eat vegetables, get day-jobs, and actually learn how to have a conversation now that the whole sensuously-evil aura isn't working out.

The quest is about them trying to become vampires again, but along the way they are forced to question their vampire lifestyle: sleeping all day, indiscriminate exchange of body fluids, the pretentious fashions, sleeping in a box of dirt….

It is a metaphor for becoming an adult, and learning how to be person who gives back to society rather than always taking.

Load Full (0)