bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What would you say is the best way to get a self published book popularized without making a blog? I feel like a new blog would be too hard to gain attention to because for me I don’t - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Robert's answer gets to the heart of the advice I would give, both from my own experience, and from observing some highly successful self-publishers. SELF-PUBLISHING SUCCESS = SALESPERSONSHIP. Once you publish your book, it becomes a product, and you have to commit to selling it like any other salesperson sells any other product.

In my experience, the most successful self-publishers unite their book with a public-speaking career of one sort or another. Children's authors do school visits. Non-fiction authors do lectures and workshops. Adult fiction authors have a tougher road, but they can do public readings, book-signings and "meet the author" events (which must be advertised to be successful!). The sales happen at the back of the room on tables piled high with books (just like musicians support themselves selling CDs and posters after a concert). In this way, the book both legitimizes the public speaker as an expert, and also serves as an important supplemental revenue stream. Be aware, however, that after you've exhausted your local area sales, this is going to require constant touring (just like a band would do).

I would also add that local press can be a great avenue for publicity. But it is less likely to lead to direct sales than for attendance at your book-themed events (see above) which in turn leads to sales.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best