bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : It depends what kind of publishing we are talking about. I think it's actually better to pursue traditional publishing at a young age, provided you understand you are probably in for a long - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

It depends what kind of publishing we are talking about.

I think it's actually better to pursue traditional publishing at a young age, provided you understand you are probably in for a long road of rejection and revision. There is a big push for exclusivity in publishing and that will certainly include new voices for new generations. So I think pursuing traditional publishing at an early age is okay.

I would caution against self-publishing, unless you are really sure. The risk for publishing sub-standard material is high, even for an adult writer. Plus, all artists grow and change with time, no matter what the medium, and I wouldn't want you to self-publish something you might one day regret. With traditional publishing, you would have the advice of an agent and editors to fall back on, but that's not the case with self-publishing. Granted, self-publishing is probably too expensive anyway, but if the option ever emerged, I just wanted to add a word of caution about it.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Gail2416123

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best