bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What makes for a successful resurrection? If you've seen Avengers: Infinity War, you'll recall the line "No resurrections this time" being said in the scene just after the first (arguably second) - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Personally I dislike resurrections in books. They are often meant to bring back a popular character without a reason. Many did it and there is always a kind of aftertaste. Even if the character is bound to rules or something like that, there is the problem with plausibility.

Every kind of resurrection seems to be a Deus Ex Machina in my eyes. Either it helps the character to fight the most recklessly battles, or to change the outcome of some things (depending on the "resurrection"). As mentioned from Galastel before, there are several approaches in which cases the ressurection might work, like Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. If your dead character is a higher being, there is a good chance, that it would be resurrected. But normally a death should be final. You play with the readers feelings in that case.

Without Gandalf, I have never seen or read a statisfying resurrection before. It allways seems like an Deus Ex Machina, without any reason.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Alves689

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best