bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Should I write a novel if I haven't read many? I have heard people telling that they have read so many books and have a mini library at their houses. I did not read many books (I am 17 - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Oh, yes, yes, yes - please write without fear. Don't ever think that there are insurmountable obstacles to anything you truly want to do, and this includes writing.

There's a saying: feel the fear and do it anyway. You might be afraid that you 'do not have enough knowledge about the book-reading community as to what pleases them', but never, ever let this kind of thing hold you back. We learn by doing, not by thinking (or fearing).

When you look at what people write about (and this includes famous and rich authors), you'll see that it's usually the people, scenes and things around them. Sure, they sometimes modify and rearrange these when they write about them. They place the people in schools where they learn magic instead of maths. They put captains in charge of space fleets instead of a chain of supermarkets. They show them thwarting alien invasions instead of bullies at school. But at the core of these stories about hope, despair, fear and triumph is the human spirit and how it reacts to the difficulties found in life.

So sure, read books if you want, but know that these just contain second-hand experiences. To go directly to the source of all inspiration, just look about you, home in one something that you find to be interesting and write about that.

I suppose it wouldn't go to waste if you also read a couple of books on how to do Creative Writing.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Chiappetta298

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best