bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is legal and illegal in writing? I am planning to write a book in my mother tongue (so excuse my bad grammar). It's in "Business and Management" So, while I was reading books for my - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm no expert, but I recommend a very cautious approach to copyright to stay out of trouble. Assume that nothing is permitted unless it is specifically stated somewhere.

About the Quotes: Full copies of works usually contain a copyright notice stating the permissions on what you can do with the text - usually not a lot.

About the structure: I would assume that copying the structure is a copyright infringement.
If I understand correctly, you intend to use the structure in a different language than your reference work. So if someone came along and translated the index, it would certainly look like a copyright infringement, right? Better make sure you are covered.

About the phrases: You cannot apply copyright to term like this, at least as far as I know. See What exactly is the “five (consecutive) word” plagiarism rule?

To be on the safe side, getting written permission from the author and/or publisher to quote or reuse their works in any form is a good idea, if not necessary (again, I'm not an expert)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Berryessa137

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best