bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : What sites are available for hosting Choose Your Own Adventure stories? I'm working on a story that is like a Choose Your Own Adventure, but different. Instead of being "you" and deciding what - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I'm working on a story that is like a Choose Your Own Adventure, but different. Instead of being "you" and deciding what to do next, the reader must choose which characters participate at what time. By choosing the characters, you then get to follow a story path involving people most suited to your interests.

The roadblocks I'm encountering are few, but worrisome. The site I'm currently hosting on doesn't have very many members, and a bug is making it hard for people to find and read it. So I'm looking for other places I can set it up, where it is more likely to get fresh faces who are interested in trying something new. To be clear, I'm not looking to make a buck, this is just a side project I'm doing for free.

Does anyone know free sites with a lot of traffic where I can post my story?

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Look for 'interactive fiction' instead of 'choose your own adventure'. There are many sites, some of which even pay for your story or allow you to earn money from it. Look for example at 'Choice of Games'.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

If I were writing a Choose Your Own Adventure story, I'd create a free site on WordPress and publish the story there in instalments.

There are hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of writers on that platform and a searchable index of all their posts. The trick with WordPress is that when you reach out to someone, they will reach back to you. Read a story, pop a Like on it, make a Comment or even Follow someone and you will find that that they will do the same for you. It's possible to build up a devoted following within a very short space of time.

It may not be what you imagine you want, but WordPress might be just what you need.

Good luck with your writing.

Load Full (0)