bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is it a flaw if a book is readable, flows well, and gets the point across, BUT you can tell that the author is a non-native? Even though English is not my first language, I have completed - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If the book is readable, flows well, and gets the point across, but you can tell that the writer is non native, and the reader is interested in the authentic experience and story of such a writer, then no there is nothing there that you can call a flaw.

In these cases, the 'flaw' is perceived as being the same as the authentic experience and is welcomed by the reader.

When I speak to my neighbours (who are Italian) then I do not expect them to talk to me, act or appear as an English person would. I would instead be charmed by their accents, their tendency to wave their arms about as they speak, their flawless olive-coloured skin and their habit of making pizza for me when my wife is away.

My advice to you is to be who you are and let that be reflected freely in your writing.

Well done on finishing your first book and good luck with your future writing.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Karen856

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best