bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to cite organization names in a grant proposal? I am working on a proposal for an academic grant. In the text, there are quite a few organization names (normally abbreviations), but unlike - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I am working on a proposal for an academic grant. In the text, there are quite a few organization names (normally abbreviations), but unlike typical academic writing, they are not quotes of texts these organizations have published. It is rather sentences like

In working on <whatever>, we will seek close cooperation with the relevant W3C working groups.

We have a strict page length for the main part of the text, and we want to provide a link to the website of each organization, so we don't want to have solutions like simply writing out the name in brackets, or adding a footnote, which take up lots of space. Our preference is for them to go somewhere in the appendix.

Should we mix the names of the organizations into the list of abbreviations, or into the bibliography, or should we make a separate list, and if separate, what is it called? Is there a convention for this kind of references? Or a ruleset? We are using Chicago style citations, but I couldn't find any advice on this kind of reference. My search results were drowned in advice how to cite documents published by an organization, or how to cite a website.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Carla500

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

There is advice on this page: List of abbreviations in the dissertation that accords with my experience of writing formal documents and which gives you a solution that is partially in line with your requirements.

It allows that you can include a table of abbreviations at the start of the documents, yet still specifies that abbreviations should be written out in full when first used.

You, of course, can step away from this standard, but this is the conventional approach and I would suggest that your document would suffer if you do not adhere.

Good luck with your grant proposal.

Load Full (0)