bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I add a second POV to a book which already has one main character? I’ve been writing a book lately and it’s about how this guy starts a family and he has a daughter, but the - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Does an event signal this segue? A change of setting? I would say that the main concern would be to give us a reason why we are now seeing the story from her point of view and not from his. Think of other stories that use multiple POV. A Song of Ice and Fire, for example, uses multiple POV's because we need to know what is happening at different points of the seven kingdoms. In The Lord of the Rings we see the division of the Fellowship and that leads us to follow two groups. A closer example could be Star Wars. We start the prequels with Anakin as our lead but after his fall we move to his children, Luke and Leia, as our main POV, with Vader taking a secondary role.

Basically I think the main question is why are we going to need to now see the story from that POV. If you have that then it should be no problem and wont be weird or forced.

In a more practical and technical answer, you could use the names as chapter tittles or divide the book in sections where that signal this shift (name them after places, seasons, time, or just words that associate with the character who we are following).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cofer669

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best