bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How would I be mean to my character? My book is about a boy who wants to run away from home, and while writing a plan to run away from home he discovers all the reasons that he should - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

He sabotages it himself, but this time because the relationship was working and his love interest was so generous and understanding of his faults, he now realizes HE is the problem, and he has always been the problem all the other times too. He can't blame someone else this time. She even tried to work through his self-sabotage, to help him, but his defenses kicked in and he attacked her.

The thing is, she saw right through it. The disappointment in her face wasn't about what he said or that he threw up his defenses against her. She sees now that he isn't ready to address the real problem: himself.

That's not someone you can build a life with or raise children. He's a liability, not a life partner. Her expression wasn't just disappointment or sadness, it was so much worse. There was a politeness in her voice, the way you'd talk gently to a man who's woken up in a hospital with all four limbs amputated. Whatever romantic feelings she'd had were gone, replaced with a kind of pity.

And this time he had no one to blame but himself.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best