bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: The stages of writing - what are they? So, I'm likely finished with my idea in form of a novel, but now comes the difficult part with the rewriting. That's when I thought: What are the general - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are many steps that you can take or choose not to take and no true order in which to do them. For most people, it's just the order in which they think of things. There are a few major parts of writing, however, which can be considered as "steps":

Preparation:

Worldbuilding.
Create your world and its contents. Put down ideas about the people who live in your world. If it's set in our world you can put down notes about the setting you've chosen.
Character creation.
You can base your characters on people you know, or just generate them straight from your imagination. What attitudes/opinions would they have in the setting you have chosen?
Plan your plot.
Put together plot points, locations, characters.

Writing:

Write the thing!
Some people like to write start to finish. Others like to do specific plot points and then fill the space between them later.

Revision:

Check your work.
Not just for spelling and grammar, but continuity and cohesiveness. Double check for any dead space where the writing isn't really going anywhere. Check for any parts where too much is happening and slow it down.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sims2267584

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best