bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: The stages of writing - what are they? So, I'm likely finished with my idea in form of a novel, but now comes the difficult part with the rewriting. That's when I thought: What are the general - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In general I work through the following:

High Concept, what are the big changes, magic, technology and/or history.
Consequences, what are the knock on effects of the big changes that separate the setting from the world we know.
Worldbuilding, geology, geography, ethnogenesis, politics, economy, character archetypes.
Writing, test pieces and development notes are written during worldbuilding to help cement certain concepts and aspects, now I can start telling actual stories from the setting. Usually these are new stories but sometimes they're old stories that were started as stand alone pieces without a defined setting but hit a brick wall and can only now be finished because I know where they fit. Always write like the world is ending and you must finish the work yesterday, fix it later but get the ideas on the page now.
Editing, the most aggravating part of any work, going back and fixing everything you didn't do while rushing to get ideas down.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cody1607638

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best