bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Why is more than my copied link highlighted as a hyperlink when pasting content into scapple? Let's say you want to copy and paste something like this: mytotallyoriginallink.com My totally original - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

Let's say you want to copy and paste something like this:

mytotallyoriginallink.com
My totally original notes!

In Scapple, the note always ends up being messed up, linking part of the notes after the link:

mytotallyoriginallink.com
My totally original notes!

(bold marks the hyperlinked text)

Why does this happen and how can you avoid it?

Note: I'm using the Windows version. Here is an example screenshot:

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sent2472441

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I don’t have this problem, in Scapple on MacOS. Can you add some screenshots?

Is it possible that when you’re adding the link you don’t have the whole title of the note selected but just ‘My tot’ and that’s the part of the title that the link is being assigned to?

To demonstrate:

Double-Click to add a new note.

Give the note a title, e.g. My totally original notes!

Select the whole title text with cmd-A, then select from menu, Edit, Add Link:

Paste your link and click OK.

However, if you just select My tot instead of the entire title, the link will only be associated with that part of it:

Like this:

Following on from the conversation below. The problem is with Notepad, not Scapple:

Notepad uses a Windows-specific end of line character which combines a carriage return with a line feed. Whereas non-Windows apps will just use one or the other. So, when Scapple sees rn it doesn't recognise it as an EOL character. It's expecting either r or n. As a result, it sees the link as youtube.comMy and the word example as an extra piece of text.

Load Full (0)