bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Can I release material related to a work and maintain my rights before publishing? I don't know how many writers here are into the techy side of life, but I am wondering, if say. someone - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I don't know how many writers here are into the techy side of life, but I am wondering, if say. someone is writing the next star trek, is it safe to go ahead and release related material under a (restrictive of course) creative commons license?

For example, if you are writing some fantasy fiction series, is it safe to create character profiles (under a cc) (like say, as a pdf or something)?

PS. This is not the same idea as my wiki question.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Howard Aiken said:

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats.

As a beginner writer, your challenge is to get people to notice you and take your ideas seriously, rather than someone steal from you.

So feel free to share your ideas. Its not the ideas that are important, but how you implement those ideas. Rather than focussing on the wrong thing (people stealing your ideas), focus on how you can market yourself and your work.

Edit: And to answer your other question: As Lauren Ipsum said, you own the rights to anything you create. But you have to ask yourself: Why would anyone steal ideas from an unknown writer? Would anyone even notice you wiki, among the millions of other sites?

Load Full (0)