bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What if a concept on my story differs greatly from the common trope? I'm planning of giving a -possibly very unpopular - interpretation to a very loved concept in the genre of my story and - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

No fantastical concept is truly off-bars. Personally, I think it'd be refreshing. I'm partial to a coherently-built world where it looks like creatures have been subject to evolutionary pressures like it would in any world. I've got a similar facet in the world I'm writing.

For example, wyverns are relatively small and built like pterosaurs, and instead of being terrifying human-eating monsters, they're egg-eating parasites. Also, as there's colossal squid that are more commonplace in the oceans, these corpses fill the ocean with bursts of nitrogen. Said nitrogen fills the oceans with algae; the only way the oceans remain uneutrophied is that there are massive marine filter feeders and intertidal algae eaters; think massive lugworms and semi-aquatic giant slugs.

My point is, if you're going to write a world with a fantasy with more realistic dragons, it may hurt marketability for those who just want cool, purely escapist creatures, but I, and many like me, find fantasies much more compelling if there's evidence of a semi-functional ecological system.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Tiffany377

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best