bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to research publishers by subject I'm trying to find a place that not only lists publishers by subject (I know that publishersglobal.com does that) but where I may also find author reviews - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I'm trying to find a place that not only lists publishers by subject (I know that publishersglobal.com does that) but where I may also find author reviews of the publishers. I am writing a book on a specialized topic and I know the top couple of publishers in that area, but the biggest name has a reputation of not treating its authors very well. As a result, I want to find out more about what other publishers are out there but also have an idea if I actually want to work with them. I'd like to submit the manuscript to a company that is less likely to make me tear my hair out. Any suggestions?

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Margaret427

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I don't know about the user reviews but a very good source of publishers is the Writer's Market (by Writer's Digest). There is also a version just for fiction.

The publishers are in alphabetical order but there is an index in the back where they are arranged by subject. The listings aren't just contact info; they often give valuable feedback about how you might fit in.

While there are no reviews per say, if you narrow down your search to a handful, you may turn up reviews (or tales of woe) on internet searches or by asking on appropriate venues.

Tip: The latest WM will be in the reference section of your library. My library also has it as an e-book (via Hoopla). I was able to pop it on to my computer for free and screenshot a couple interesting listings (the version on your computer or tablet will disappear after a couple of weeks, though you can check it out again).

I know this isn't what you're looking for but I think you'll have to combine various resources to find your answers.

Load Full (0)