bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How much time do you find you have to commit to daily writing to see results? I've wanted to publish a book for a long time (since I was 10 or 11), but never bothered to do any serious - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In my personal experience, no less than 6 days every week, and no less than 15 minutes each day.

I say six days, not seven, because I'm a big believer in the idea of a "sabbath." It doesn't have to be religious, but it's a good idea to take a regular break and recharge your creative energies. Fifteen minutes is small enough that you can find that much time every day, no matter how busy you are, but big enough to add up if multiplied over a long enough sustained period of time.

It's really the regularity of it that matters, and the commitment to push through whether or not inspiration is with you. If you are skipping days at will or because of externals, you will eventually stop writing entirely. On the other hand, if you start with the fifteen minutes and keep to it regularly, you'll eventually build up to longer sustained periods of time.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Moriarity138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best