bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I create a book on iBookstore without having a Mac? I use Linux, and I'd like to format a book for the iBookstore. When I go to signup to iTunes Connect to upload my books, it says: - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I agree with Antara man. In the past I used Lulu for putting EPUB files onto the iBook store. But Lulu's gone kind of crazy with their file checking...even if my epub has (a) been accepted by Kindle (b) been accepted by Nook and (c) has passed epubcheck, Lulu throws twenty or thirty errors, and if you try and edit the OPF file to placate them, the errors only increase.

I looked for an alternate "aggregator" but many of them want to take over your whole project and charge you a lot.

And then I found D2D. Within ten minutes I'd signed on, and had placed my epub in the iBook store. They'll take 15% of my royalties that I get from that market, but whatever. It's just a fix for now. Also they got me into some library lending programs. And I can still do Kindle and Nook on my own, as in the past.

One of these days I'll get a Mac laptop and do iBooks on my own. But right now I don't want to bother. So D2D is cool.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Eichhorn147

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best