bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Which should come first, building my story or building my world? I’ve always been writing, but never wanted to write something in a world I create. I already know what direction I’ll be - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In my opinion it is not so clearly differentiated. Many writers including myself start from a single most important thing to their story and adjust or build other things in the way.

You cannot complete your story without knowing the world your characters live in. Similarly world building will quickly become messy, if you don't have some fixed viewpoint character who is going to see the world at some point. One can easily lose their focus and forget the original reason why they are building the world.

World building is not over until your story is completed. World building is not just past events or creation myths, even the actions made by characters, in the course of the story will change the structure of world and contribute for world building (for this novel and its sequels).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nimeshi163

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best