bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I get a technical writing job for software apps without a degree? I have no degree and I cannot afford to have one, however, I would really love to get into technical writing because - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There's a whole movement of folks working in the technical documentation field who are not "technical writers" or "technical authors" per se, but who care deeply about good documentation, and many are extremely talented, dedicated folks doing an excellent job - as a group, they tend to refer to themselves as "documentarians" and the loose affiliation they use is called "Write the Docs".

writethedocs.org

I am a technical writer, and I also count myself as a write the docs type documentarian of sorts, and participate in this community - and I can tell you there is a near constant stream of opportunities for involvement... first steps we most often recommend to someone wanting to break into the field are to find an open source project they care about, and volunteer to work on the docs.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Eichhorn147

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best