bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : A death row inmate's feelings and thoughts Any thoughts on what a death row inmate feels or what his thoughts are? i find it hard to imagine it on my own:( Thanks a lot:) - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Any thoughts on what a death row inmate feels or what his thoughts are? i find it hard to imagine it on my own:(

Thanks a lot:)

Load Full (2)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sent2472441

2 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

No one can tell you what to write as each author conjures up worlds unique to their imagination.

You know your characters well by now, so should know how they might respond to such extreme stress.

Consider what they are losing. Before capture, they had hope of success and belief that they would survive. Languishing in a cell, they have failed; the cause is lost, their families and friends are in greater peril and who might rise to take up the fight?

It depends on who they are. Would one write a farewell to his wife that will never be read by her? Might another rail against the injustice of it all? Perhaps one quietly works on an escape that they know won’t happen. Might another carve his name in the wall as a sign that he had once lived?

So many possibilities.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

The three protagonists will have thoughts and emotions that reveal something about their character. Bonus points if the reader also learns something about their identity within the team. Since they are separated, it's an opportunity to play out the same scene with each character and get different results. This can be during interrogation, sentencing, and incarceration – each progressing through stages of how their characters deal with conflict, especially as they switch tactics.

A more plot-oriented approach might be a Try-Fail cycle, where each fails to negotiate their escape (bribe, fight, fake a heart attack). Assuming they eventually reunite and survive death row, the 3 flawed attempts can be echoed in their escape, but this time we see how the team works better together.

A psychologically-inspired approach could use the Kübler-Ross model, known as the five stages of grief. The model describes a progression of emotional states experienced by terminally ill patients. The five stages are chronologically: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Load Full (0)