bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to avoid repeating myself while writing in the third person I'm writing a fantasy story in third person and I'm not that confident if I'm doing it right. I noticed I'm using the word - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Words like "he" and "said" are generally invisible to the reader, they don't suffer from the problem of potential overuse that you need to be aware of for less nakedly functional words.

Technically speaking, you are always "telling" not showing in writing (unless it's illustrated!). So what people generally mean in the written context is to provide plenty of immersive, sensory details, to put the reader in the place of the character. It seems to me that you are already doing this well.

In the bigger picture, don't let your internal editor stop you from writing. Complete the story first, and then go back and nit-pick it. There are techniques and best practices that help you connect more easily or more deeply with your readers, but obsessing about doing it "right" or "wrong" is a trap.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best