bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I'm looking for inspiration for spells and potions Is there any books out there that details old spells and potions? - selfpublishingguru.com

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Turnbaugh521

3 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

As Nicolas Bernal pointed out, pathfinder books are a great resource to inspire you, but they are kind of expensive. So I mind you to use the free app: "Spell Tracker: Pathfinder RPG companion tool"

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

Of course, since spells and potions don't exist in this world, all we have are sources from people who believed they existed.

For spells, you could check out the Malleus Maleficarum. It's a medieval treatise about witchcraft, mostly written for inquisitors and theologists. In the second section you may find some hypotetical description fon how witches did their spell and rituals, or at least it should give you an idea on what the clergymen of the times believed witches capable of.

For potions, I'd give a look on historical figures - alchemists. Often seen as something like early chemists, alchemists were borderline scientists and magician, and have left a lot of written traces about their procedures and beliefs (e.g. the famous myth of transmuting gold). Among them, you could check out George Ripley, the alleged author of the somewhat famous Ripley's scroll, which describes, enigmatically, the procedure to create a Philosopher Stone.

Load Full (0)

10% popularity

I'd use a TTRPG Rulebook. Pathfinder's Core rulebook is found online: Google 'pathfinder core rulebook pdf'

Lots to go on there, and if you need more - find the subsequent additions i.e. Ultimate Equipment, Advanced Players Guide, etc.

Hope that helps!

Load Full (0)