bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How does a heroine who is always in trouble, not realize she is always in trouble? A complicated anti-heroine? I have a power-seeking guile heroine from tumultuous circumstances who always gets - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think the two questions you'll need to answer for this woman are where did she come from? and where is she going? What in her back story made her into the person she is? And what goal is she pursuing that makes it all seem (to her) like the ends justify the means?

Aside from that, she doesn't sound all that unrealistic to me. People can often be very self-sabotaging in real life, and it's possible to be clear-eyed about someone else, and blind about yourself. In fact, I'd venture it's more the rule than the exception.

Self-sabotage is often a result of feelings of worthlessness or guilt, a sense that one does not deserve better. Sometimes it can even be paradoxically self-preserving, a way to avoid a situation that is good in one way, but a trap in another. Conversely, it can stem from a fatalistic desire to ruin something before fate can ruin it first.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best