bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What team do I need to start creating comics? In my last question Does marvel accept new heroes by other people, people advised me to start creating my own comics. I wonder what kind of professions - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Starting your own full-fledged comics publishing company would involve printing, layout, marketing, distribution, accounting, and probably much much more --and that doesn't even count the team most comics publishers have for the actual comic (writer, storyboarder, inker, illustrator, colorist) So it might not be the best path to your goal --you'll spend all your time and resources administrating it, and won't have much creative energy left over for your own work. With that said, it's not impossible (ex. Jeff Smith). If you don't want to go that route, however, here are four other possible pathways towards your eventual goal:

1) Get hired on at an established comic publisher, and work your way up to creating your own titles (ex. Todd McFarlane).

2) Start out publishing online only, and once you build up a large enough fan base, switch to print (ex. Pete Abrams).

3) Start out with a more cheaply produced, DIY, photocopied comic book, and try to build up a local fan base that way.

4) If your work is good enough, there may well be existing comic companies smaller than Marvel that might want to take on your titles. There are a lot of small boutique comics publishers out there these days.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best