bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I know Buffy has already been mentioned a couple of times, but I think the single biggest example has already been missed. If you look at the first 5 seasons of Buffy there is a steady - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I know Buffy has already been mentioned a couple of times, but I think the single biggest example has already been missed.

If you look at the first 5 seasons of Buffy there is a steady increase in scope and power of the threats. It goes from an old and evil vampire, to an eviller vampire, to giant demon snakes, to destroying the world. The bad guys go from vampire->bigger vampire->giant demon->evil government agency->goddess...

But what do they now do for season 6? They already did destroying the world and fighting against a literal god.

Instead they reset everything and made it much more personal. It's about the people and the friends, the "bad guys" are a bunch of incompetent kids and the real "bad guy" turns out to be one of Buffy's friends going evil. Yes it's a "destroy the world" threat at the end but the stakes are very different and the solution isn't "kill the evil being".

With the reset complete they are then able to ramp it up again for season 7.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Ravi5107385

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best