bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Screenwriting using codenames I'm currently writing a script where a woman is in a group that only uses codenames when with each other. I was wondering how I should address this in format. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Keep in mind, a script is a technical document intended to aid actors and the director in creating a play or a movie. It is not (directly) for the characters or the audience. The characters might know her as "Wolfe," and the audience might need to get in the mindset of the characters, but what the actors and director most need to know is who is speaking at any given time. So the rule is one actor = one name. (Conversely, if more than one actor plays the same character, each version of that character gets its own name, i.e. YOUNG JONI)

So call her JONI consistently from the start, even if the other characters start exclusively referring to her as "Wolfe." As for the other characters, call them consistently the names they are first introduced by, even if those are codenames.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best