bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How to describe a character who is sick from trauma? I would just like symptoms and/or adjectives about a character when they might suddenly get sick because of a traumatic experience. I just - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I would just like symptoms and/or adjectives about a character when they might suddenly get sick because of a traumatic experience.

I just don't know how to describe the character and this is a vital part of my story. She is actually getting her mind touched by a demon and that will cause some serious shock, if not PTSD. The "presence" sticks around and she doesn't get the PTSD until the very end, but it's still a serious shock for her.

The shock is not immediate, but it shows on her face and through physical symptoms. Not having a real-world illness to draw from, though, I'm unsure of what those symptoms may be, or how to show her discomfort.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Deb2945533

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

The characteristics of being sick would depend heavily on what type of sickness this character has. A runny nose is common with a cold, where as they might be excreting from more places than just the nose if they had dysentery... (sorry, haha). WebMD, though unreliable if you're actually trying to diagnose yourself, would provide all the common symptoms for whatever you want your character to be sick with.

Additionally, you've probably been sick at some point in your life. Describe how you felt during that time.

Load Full (0)