bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is the key to creating a independent character, female and male? In my story, there is a girl and a boy who are trying to remain strong and independent. They are opposites of each other, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is a tough question... Ok, here's my best explanation.

A character is independent if the person can accomplish more than basic functions on their own. This has nothing to do with character, a person can be independent and be very clingy.

A popular way to display an independent character, however, is to make them anti-social. While this is a character trope that's associated with the type, it's not a symbol of independence. A way to make the fiery girl independent is have her surmount a difficult task alone, or to surpass all others in a task or test.

With someone who has been dependent their whole life and transitioning to be independent, show them relying on a comrade or their sergeant, whoever. Then have the main male save said comrade when they are in a bad situation. This show the transformation of dependent to independent in a very stylistic fashion.

Hope this helps, and isn't just me rambling!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Speyer920

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best